CP Studio and Gallery Rentals
Imagine hosting an event surrounded by the most amazing art in the Ottawa Valley, or sharing your art skills to a group adjacent to the gorgeous Mississippi River. Carleton Place Gallery welcomes all creatives and members of the community to enjoy this space – RENT TODAY for events, receptions, workshops and studio space. Free parking and limited kitchen facilities available.
See below for more information about rates and options!
INTERESTED IN RENTING or BOOKING with us?
Rental Fee Structure
CP Studio (Workshop/Studio at 208 Bridge Street)
The Studio area can accommodate a maximum of 20 people at tables and 35 in rows of chairs.
Individual Artist’s Studio Creation Time Rates
This will be a shared space with a maximum of four artists in the studio at one time.
Rates for registered non-profit organizations and current CP Gallery artists: 20% discount
Rental payment is due in full at the time of the booking.
The gallery is willing to manage and administer all registrations for a workshop session, should that be of interest. The cost of this service will be 10% of each participant’s registration fee.
Download your booking registration HERE for a workshop or for personal creative time and email to us.
Gallery Rental for Special Occasions or Events (210 and/or 208 Bridge Street)
The gallery can accommodate up to a maximum of 50 people, depending on the type of event.
All walls and fixtures are moveable and configurable to allow for different event needs.
$200/ hour for the gallery
$100/hour for the studio
Rates for registered non-profit organizations: 20% discount
A Security Deposit for gallery rentals will be requested and required for booking and will be returned within 7 days after the event provided the venue is left clean and undamaged. See the FAQ section for more detailed information.
ANSWERS TO MORE DETAILED QUESTIONS ABOUT BOOKING CP GALLERY
What are some of the main rules of gallery or studio bookings?
The gallery and workshop are non-smoking facilities.
Minor children are allowed to use the building with appropriate supervision.
Please do not touch the art.
General photography is welcomed but full photographs of specific art that could conceivably be reproduced is prohibited.
The gallery is not responsible for lost or stolen articles, under any circumstances.
There are residential apartments above the gallery. Please respect their parking and privacy.
Can I serve alcohol in the gallery or the workshop?
The gallery does not operate with a liquor license therefore:
- If personal wine is served, a ‘Special Occasions Permit’ must be arranged by YOU through the AGCO at the cost of the renter and a copy of the permit on site during the event.
- No person under the age of 19 will be served alcoholic beverages.
- No alcohol is to be consumed outside of the gallery and licensed area.
- The gallery will not be held liable should something occur that causes injury or damage as a result of the consumption of alcoholic beverages or drugs.
Can I decorate or customize the space for my event or workshop?
The amazing news is that 100% of the furnishings and interior walls in the gallery are ‘moveable’ and so with advance discussion, the gallerists can assist to create a custom configuration of the gallery space for your event. However:
- Only Gallerists are permitted to move the fixtures, walls and furnishings.
- Some customization of the space is possible in the studio however other fixtures, such as the shelving, are not configurable. Folding tables and chairs are available to the studio users and these can be set up however the renter wishes or tucked away to allow for more space.
- Workshops will only be undertaken in the studio and not the main gallery space, which is reserved for special events and meetings.
- Some decorating might be allowable however this will need to be discussed and approved in advance of the event/booking.
- Nothing is to be affixed to the doors, floors, walls or fixtures or hung from the ceiling. This includes: nails, tacks, adhesives, glues, clear or duct tape or other.
Should I include my setup and tear-down time in my booking?
The short answer is ‘yes’.
Setup and cleanup outside the booking hours require approval and may incur additional charges. YOU are responsible for cleanup as the renter.
All garbage must be removed when vacating the building and the space must be left in the tidy condition in which it was found at the outset.
Any damage to the gallery or studio areas during the rented timeframe is the sole responsibility of the renter and Carleton Place Gallery will bill the renter for any damages over and above the security deposit.
Why do I have to pay a Security Deposit and how does that work?
As you can imagine, hosting events inside a space with delicate original art and all-white walls means there is a certain amount of risk involved. As a cautionary measure and ONLY FOR THE GALLERY at this time, we ask for a $200 Security Deposit payable within 7 days of booking, or the reservation will be subject to cancellation.
The Security Deposit will be returned in full within 7 days after the event provided the venue is left clean and undamaged.
Rental Application and Payment Schedule
All applications for renting the spaces must be submitted and approved by Carleton Place Gallery.
Reservations made less than 6 months (180 days) prior to the event date:
- Gallery or studio rental feel plus Security Deposit (if applicable) is due in full at time of booking.
- Payment must be made within 7 days of booking or risk cancellation of booking.
Reservations made more than 6 months (180 days) prior to the event date:
- A deposit of 50% of the rental fee is due at the time of booking.
- The remaining balance, plus Security Deposit (if applicable) is due 180 days (6 months) prior to the event date.
- If payment is not received within 7 days of the payment due date, your reservation will be subject to cancellation.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
To receive a full refund for studio/workshop rentals, your cancellation must be received in writing to [email protected] or by phone at least 2 weeks prior to your reservation date.
Thereafter, a cancellation fee will be deducted from the studio rental refund on the following schedule:
- Cancel on or before 14 days prior for full refund
- Cancel on or before 5 – 13 prior for 50% refund
- Cancel within 4 days prior for 0% refund
To receive a full refund of the gallery rental fee, your cancellation must be received in writing to [email protected] or by phone at least 6 months (180 days) prior to your reservation date.
Thereafter, a cancellation fee will be deducted from the gallery rental refund on the following schedule:
- Cancel on or before 180 days prior for full refund
- Cancel on or before 90-179 days prior for 75% refund
- Cancel on or before 30-89 days prior for 50% refund
- Cancel after less than 30 days prior – 0% refund